Welcome to my web site, wherein I get to brag about what I'm doing and indulge my enormous ego while using the same tools I foist upon my hapless victims.
My name is Ricardo Newbery. I'm a former physics researcher and instructor who now spends much of the time developing applications and troubleshooting issues for people who need robust high performance web content management solutions.
I am also...
- a contributor to the Plone CMS project
- a co-author of a best selling manual for Plone
- the release manager for plone.app.caching, plone.caching, z3c.caching, plone.cachepurging, plone.recipe.squid, and the CacheFu collection of products
- a senior software engineer for Cambridge Interactive Development Corporation
- a freelance consultant to over 30 companies and organizations
- a charter member of Central Oregon Web Professionals Usergroup (COWPU).
- a charter member and former chair of Tech Alliance: Central Oregon's Tech Association
- and a member of various user groups in the Boston area including the Boston Python Users Group, Boston Plone Group, and the Boston Web Performance Group.
I plan to use this site to discuss issues that come up in my on-going work and to provide an organized resource to help others with similar issues. Stay tuned for the blog!